Education – Closing the Opportunity Gap
- Support universal preschool
- Encourage the recruitment, training and hiring of African American teachers
- Support the statewide program for comprehensive dropout prevention, intervention and retrieval
- Support programs to encourage career connected learning
- Encourage programs that will address the disparity gap in health care for African Americans
- Support programs and medical services for the elderly and low income
- Support the repeal of Initiative 200
- Support WSDOT efforts to increase minority contracting and procurement opportunities for small businesses
- Support Programs with funding for intervention, job readiness and re-entry
- Support criminal sentencing reform for low level/risk offenders
- Improving quality of life for low income and Communities of color through advocacy, community empowerment and representation.
- Work to create opportunities to benefit from the economic investment in the emerging green economy.
- Ensure that Communities of color and low-income communities do not continually bear disproportionate share of the impact and effects of pollution, climate change and or environmental hazards because of a lack of influence, value or voice
- Creating a state which all communities have clean air, land, and water where neighborhoods do not determine your life expectancy