For Small Businesses
NEW! Small businesses across the country are confronting extreme economic challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Financial support at this critical time can make the difference between staying in business or closing permanently, leading to lost income, jobs and economic stability.
Thanks to a $2.5 million investment from Verizon and a $1 million grant from Sam's Club, LISC will provide the emergency assistance that small businesses desperately need to stay afloat. Grants up to $10,000 to help small businesses bridge the financial gap, and deliver technical assistance to help them navigate the intricate web of public and private resources are now available. LISC will focus these efforts on historically underserved communities—especially those enterprises owned or led by women, minorities and veterans, which often lack access to affordable capital.
What can grants be used for?
· Paying rent and utilities
· Meeting payroll
· Paying outstanding debt to vendors
· Upgrading technology infrastructure
· Other immediate operational costs
When is the application deadline? Because of the urgency of the crisis, applications are due closing Tuesday, April 28th at 8:59pm (PST). Please read the grant Information and FAQ before applying. APPLY HERE!
- The Washington state clearinghouse for all things COVID-19 is coronavirus.wa.gov. Find all information related to the state's response to COVID-19.
- Small businesses and Independent Contractors may be eligible for federal disaster loans or forgivable loans under the Paycheck Protection Program Congress just created. Apply ASAP as it’s only funded at $350 billion and the demand will likely exceed that.
- Help for businesses due to COVID-19 as well as other business opportunities - Commerce.wa.gov
- Contact Washington’s Department of Labor and Industries answers common questions for workers and employers regarding workmens compensation.
- Contact Washington Employment Security Department for information about paid leave, family leave and unemployment benefits