Image of Confident man




You are here

Financial Help

  • The Washington COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund was created during the coronavirus pandemic to support people who are ineligible for unemployment benefits or federal stimulus money. 

    Funding was included in the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and approved by the Washington Legislature in the early action bill. 

    Applications for this one-time grant of $1,000 per person will begin on April 21 and run up until May 21, 2021. They will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, and the funds will be distributed in June.  

    To be eligible, individuals must demonstrate that they:

    Are a Washington state resident.
    Are at least 18 years of age.
    Have been significantly affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
    Are ineligible for the federal stimulus payment or for unemployment insurance benefits due to their immigration status.
    Have an income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level.

    If you or someone you know meets these criteria, to apply please go to or call the hotline 844-724-373 available daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.    

  • Minority Vets COVID-19 Relief fund provides support of $500. Must be a King County Resident/Veteran if applying in Washington State. More qualifying details on their site. Please share this link to the application with your networks and veterans who can benefit from such support!


  • Food assistance and some financial assistance is available through the Department of Social and Health Services offices. Llimited walk-in traffic in every office, but services are available online at and over the phone at 1-877-501-2233. Some program requirements have been modified or waived because people cannot perform or access those requirements. Please apply to determine eligibility. 


  • NEW: Beginning April 17, 2020 some residents will qualify for emergency cash assistance to help with immediate needs through the Department of Social and Health Services. The federal government has approved implementing the Disaster Cash Assistance Program, or DCAP, in Washington state.

    The Governor’s declaration of a statewide emergency and subsequent proclamation on March 18 enables DSHS to offer DCAP benefits to people who are not eligible for other cash assistance programs. The assistance is available to all Washington families and people without children who meet the income and resource limits of the program. DSHS estimates more than 175,000 households may be eligible for this assistance.

    This cash assistance is available to Washington residents regardless of citizenship status, and does not require applicants to provide a Social Security number. Eligible households will receive their DCAP benefits for one month in a 12-month period during an emergency. The benefit amount depends on household size, income and need, ranging from a maximum of $363 for a single person to a maximum of $1,121 for a household of eight or more people. Once approved, people will receive their DCAP benefits on an existing Electronic Benefit Transfer, or EBT, card or a new EBT card will be sent via U.S. Mail.

    People can apply for DCAP online at and then call the Customer Service Contact Center at 877-501-2233 to complete the required interview. People can also call 877-501-2233 to complete the entire application process over the phone. Due to much higher than normal call volumes, people are asked to call before 11 a.m. and to keep in mind that the busiest call times are 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

  • Apply for Unemployment Insurance at Please be patient as call wait times are longer than usual in this unprecendented time. Applying online may be the quickest way to apply for benefits.  


  • We Are America provides a list of resources for refugees and immigrant communities.


  • Thurston County Residents needing emergency assistance with rent, child care and other basic needs. Please call the Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason and Thurston Counties, Monday through Friday at 360-438-1100 or 1-800-878-5235. 
  • Are you homeless or about to become homeless? Connect to a Local Coordinated Entry program per county here. Access information for homeless service and affordable housing grantees here.