Scholarship Opportunity for Diverse & Women Businesses Apply by May 5, 2017
The Small & Diverse Business Education Fund Scholarship is designed to provide targeted training and development support to qualified certified Small and Diverse Business owners, as well as to support Diverse Business initiatives. The scholarship is sponsored by Bank of America and managed and administered by Communities Foundation of Texas. Scholarship recipients will be given the opportunity to further enhance the business operations functions within their companies, positioning them to better compete for increased business.
This unique opportunity can be used for the Minority Business Executive Program at the University of Washington
The Small & Diverse Business Education Fund Scholarship Selection Committee will award up to 50 scholarships up to $10,000 each as eligible applicants are identified through the selection process. Scholarships may be used for:
- Tuition, books and fees for training in the following areas:
- Mentorship Programs
- LEED Certifications
- Advanced Industry Training
- Six Sigma Certification o Capacity Building Programs
- Technology Training
- Educational Programs
- At any accredited college or university in the United States or its possessions, or any non-profit organization offering programs in the areas listed above. Any program submitted for scholarship reimbursement (especially if not a nonprofit organization) must be vetted and approved by CFT before the reimbursement can be made.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the approved course within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Scholarships are available for the majority business owner only, and not to any other employees of the company.